Tuesday, August 19, 2008


I made it "home" safely and without any obstacles yesterday evening. We did stop by Stuart and Michelle's house on the way into town, where I was greeted by favorite red head who informed he was turning 5 this week. I also got to feed Madeline the second half of her bottle. Then it was on to my parent's house and settling in. I think I finally turned off the late sometime after 1:00 am.

This morning I slept until about 8:30 and had a fairly leisure morning. We meet up with a crew for lunch (Michelle, Jacob, Madeline, Alisa, and Glenda) at McAlister's. Then Alisa and I took Jacob to get a haircut. Eventually we all ended up at my grandparent's where we handed out invitations to their anniversary party and a visit, of course. Several more errands finished out the day before dinner.

After dinner I changed into my running attire in hopes of getting in a couple of miles. While stretching the bottom fell out and the rain has been coming down for over an hour now. Thankfully my parents have a tread mill so I ran on it. However, I had an audience and more than a few comments made. I am so sorry that I sweat while running. I know they need the rain since its been about 2 months since they had any, but they have had almost three inches since I arrived.

I hope to get some pictures up this week, but I have to remember to get my camera out of my bag first.

I hope all my FL friends are fairing well...it sounds like Fay wasn't all everyone expected her to be...well, at least not for the Tampa area!

Well, I best be going. I think I am suppose to be watching a video on how to carve a watermelon into a basket. I am so multi-talented!


Meems said...

Hi Jane,
Came over here to see if you posted about making to "the other America" safely. We are all safe and rainless in Tampa. Flights out of Tampa this morning are secure as well. Keep watching though you may have to change your return flight due to Fay coming back across our state. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Sounds like you're having all the fun a visit home affords. Enjoy those youngins and that stimulating video viewing.

serious/silly/me said...

UGH! I wanted to say hi before saying goodbye and now haven't gotten to do either! I saw you from a distance several times...guess we have a parking lot/window relationship right now. For some reason, thought you'd be going home for the holiday...not this soon. Fill me in when you can about the chat...glad you're with family and able to hold your little ones. Fay was nothing but a tease!

mjm said...

Meems- Yes, I may end up needing a passport eventually to visit the fam! Where the Texas flag is actually bigger than the American flag and they changed the pledge to the Texas pledge!!! How was I supposed to know they did that? I just started quoting it and before I knew it I was way off.

Coming back was a breeze! No delays and no changes necessary.

The video was stimulating...I hope to get some pictures from our little experiment...I think you will be quite impressed!

S/S/M- No worries. This trip got planned back at Christmas when Stuart and Michelle announced they were expecting. I decided to incorporate it with J's birthday and my grandparent's anniversary. We ended up having a big part for them so I also got to see some of my extended family. I will go back at Christmas too! I tend to stockpile my time off so I can take these trips. It makes for long stretches before days off, but it's the only way I get to see my fam!!!