Saturday, September 27, 2008

Patience- Part IV

In case you would like a little review or need to catch up, here you go...

Patience- Part I

Patience- Part II
Patience- Part III

I am still waiting, still being patient, so I am still learning. AND sometimes I like to blog about what I am learning. :)

I don't know what it is, but music has the ability to get to a part of me like nothing else. It hits something deep inside and evokes emotions that lay dormant most of the time. Music has the ability to break through all the walls in a few notes and/or words. There are songs that just make me want to get on my face...others where it impossible to keep my arms from lifting in the air. Songs where I feel God's heart being revealed...song where I fell my heart is being poured out to God.

The following is one of those song in which I feel like the writer knew my heart. What I have been longing to say, but could never quite find the correct words. The song that has been my heart's cry for the last several months...even thought I hadn't heard it until this morning on my way to work. John Waller, who wrote and sings this song, wrote "but the important thing to remember while we're waiting on God is to not just wait but to actively wait. Serve, worship and be faith with what you have, where you are...'even while (you) wait." I don't pretend to know everything, but I think that is some pretty good advice.

Now, one disclaimer before the video...In the first verse it says that waiting is painful. I guess I can see where he is coming from, but I am not sure that I completely agree. Waiting can be frustrating. Waiting can be difficult. You know...Now that I am thinking about it more, yeah, waiting can be painful. Maybe not the kind of pain that we think of first, but pain nonetheless.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this song.

No comments: