Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lessons Learned Part II

I've lost track to a degree. I think I have seen almost 20 houses and two of those I have seen twice. I am also back to square one, but I will press on and continue looking. In the mean time I thought I would share some new lessons that I have a learned during this experience.
  • There is a reason there aren't any pictures of the interior.
  • You should never start off a listing with, "This is a sinkhole property..." Any sane person will hit the back button on the browser before reading any further.
  • If the price looks too good to be true, then it most likely is.
  • If you list "volumed ceilings" as an asset to you home, you should at least call it the correct term..."vaulted ceilings".
  • When a high selling point of your listing is that the single wide trailer on the 1/2 acre of land is surrounded by $400,000 homes on either, side...well, you don't want to be the person who buys said trailer. I am sure the neighbors would be ever so excited and friendly.
  • There is no such thing as the perfect house when you are on my budget...I will have to make compromises...the question is what should they be.
I'll keep everyone posted on this little adventure!

2 comments:

Meems said...

Very laugh out loud funny lessons learned... especially the trailer and the "volumed" ceilings.

Don't be discouraged... I believe there IS the perfect house for YOU!... even though you are on a budget... God knows that and still has provided a home just for you... somewhere out there!

Jane said...

Thanks meems! Right now I think I am getting a little lesson on waiting, patience, and the fact that God is in control.