Saturday, December 15, 2007

Two Years

This week was pretty uneventful. No pomp, no circumstance...to most it looked just like an ordinary week. Work, errands- life. However, two years ago there was pomp, there was circumstance, and in general things were crazy.

December 9, 2005- I walked across the platform at Travis Avenue Baptist Church and was declared a seminary graduate. I spent the rest of the day with friends and packing.


My parents and me


Corrie, me, and Amanda. The three of us were pretty much inseparable during out time in Texas. Amanda and I were roommates and Corrie could be found at our place pretty often.

December 10- Drove from Fort Worth, TX to Clinton, MS where I spent the weekend with friends from college.

December 12- Drove from Clinton, MS to Tampa, FL. The closer I got the more I began to wonder what in the world had I done. I had moved 1100 miles from my family. I didn't know a soul, except for some distance family in the Bay area.

December 13- Moved into my first apartment- well the first one that was all mine- all 900 square feet. I unloaded the boxes and clothes from my Jeep, but the apartment was still empty. I hadn't counted on the fact that the apartment wouldn't have any overhead lights and all my lamps were on the truck that would arrive at the end of the week. I had a few pots and pans, a microwave, and my TV. However, I hadn't realized how heavy the TV was and couldn't carry it up to the third floor, so it stayed in the Jeep until my parents arrived with the rest of my furniture and belongings. I slept on a air mattress all week...as I look back it was rather sad, but makes me laugh now.

December 14- My first day of work...again, I found myself asking what had a gotten myself into.

In two years, Tampa has become home- my home. I have made numerous friends and they have become like family. I have found a church home. I have had the privilege of working with some amazing women and men. I have a job that continually challenges me and stretches me in ways that I never imagined when I arrived two years ago. God has also taught me a great deal about who He is during this time. There have been definite ups and downs, but ultimately I wouldn't trade any of it. God has and is in the process of using all of this to draw me closer to Him while strengthening and deepening my relationship with Him.

I wonder what things will look like in another two years.

No comments: