Monday, March 2, 2009

Inquiring Minds Want To Know

1. How are you doing?
I am doing very well. I am still adjusting and settling in. I knew it would take some time and am ready to establish some sort of routine.

2. Are you happy?
Yes, I am. I know a lot of people don't fully understand why I made the decision to move, but it has been a good decision for me.

3. What is your work schedule?
It changes from week to week. Last week I worked Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This week I work Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I am also on my last week of working days. Next week, I switch to nights and will be working nights indefinitely. Once I get the hang of working nights, I feel like I get a schedule and routine going.

4. Are you excited about working nights?
I don't know, ask me in a week or two! I have hung curtains in my room that have a blackout liner in them, so I feel like I am as ready as I can be.

5. What do you do on your days off?
Lay on the couch, watch soap operas, and eat bon bons...Okay, so that isn't true. Just normal stuff...clean my apartment, laundry, etc. I also typically cook on my days off so I don't have to
on the days I work. For instance tonight I made a pot of chili (after being inspired by Abbey.) Speaking of Abbey, she and I try to get together on my days off and workout. I have also have been spending a lot of time working on my pantry.

6. Are we ever going to see pictures of the pantry?
I was hoping to finish it up today, but I had an interesting encounter with gravity that set me back a little. I still might finish up the painting tonight, but it still needs to be sealed and then all the hardware put on. I now hope to finish on Wednesday...check back for pictures.

7. Have you found a church?
There are a lot around here, but no. I have visited two different churches, but I think it may take some time to find the right one. I am definitely ready though.

8. Have you begun looking for a house there?
Not officially. I have looked online, but nothing serious. I can't do anything until this summer when my lease is up. I don't want to find something now and then it not be available when I can finally buy a house.

9. How are your neighbors?
Don't ask...That could almost be an entire post of its own!

2 comments:

Meems said...

Thanks for the low-down. About #3... How do you like working 3 days in a row?

That neighbor thing can make or break a day in apartment living.
Meems @ For the Love of Florida

Jane said...

Meems- Three days in a row has its advantages and disadvantages. I've done it twice. Once was a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday run and then I had 6 days off in a row. A definite pro. Another time I worked a Saturday, Sunday, Monday, but that was two days in one week and Monday was the start of another week. I ended up working 5 days out of 7...not so much fun. Typically I get the same patients so that is another advantage. Then there is the tiredness. It hits about noon on day 3. Typically it requires some sort of caffeine to press through.