Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Grandiose Plans

I had grandiose plans today after I got off work. Abbey and I were going to work out, which happens to be the only thing that I accomplished. After that I thought I would come home and clean up, which also happened. But after that my goal was to stay awake all day so that I could sleep tonight.

Well, it's 11:26 and I am wide awake.

You might be asking, what happened? Me too!!!

I did sucumb to the sleepiness around 9ish and woke up around noon. After that I was fine...fine until 7:30 and then before I knew it I had fallen asleep. I woke up around 10:45 and now I can't fall back asleep.

Oh and I am so sorry that my last several posts have been about sleep.

2 comments:

michellem said...

I know that's the stinky thing about working nights. Amy always struggled with the transitions. Good luck! Sleep well!!

Anonymous said...

it's a combination of things! your days & nights are mixed up continuously. if you only worked one or the other shift, you could adjust your sleep habit, but changing up on a day to day basis is hard on your sleep pattern. and some days off in between really messes with you. besides all that, throw in DST, and well - you are in for a non-normal routine. maybe you could try keeping a journal of your sleep times, and what was effecting those hours in your day, and you could figure out if it is anything in particular. it could also be helpful in logging just how many sleep hours you are getting in a 24 hour period. maybe you'll just have to live your life on a non-conventional basis and go with the flow. sweet dreams!