It did not fix the top of the cabinet which was badly damaged.
It wasn't even flat.
I had this piece of Birch cut to fit the top (at Lowe's of course!)
A little...or a lot of wood glue was used to fix the piece of wood to the top.
An assortment of heavy items were placed on top for the night. I used wood filler to make it look almost seamless and then it was painted to match as well. You might wonder why I chose such a blah color. Well, I actually had a greater plan in mind. Since the piece of furniture was in quite bad shape, I wanted to hide it's flaws. There were large chunks of wood missing in different places. I used quite a lot of wood filler throughout the process. However, I wanted to make sure that this solid wood cabinet's imperfections, wear, and tare were hidden. I decided to use a crackle coat on top of the Macadamia color and then use Porcelain Red as the top coat. And...