Monday, February 2, 2009

First Day

Today was orientation. Here are some highlights:
  • My commute is only 5 minutes. I gave myself way too much time to get to work.
  • Lots of policies and procedures covered.
  • Learned all about the discounts that are available to hospital employees.
  • Benefits, benefits, benefits...from health insurance to life insurance and everything in between.
  • Tour of the hospital.
  • Flu shot.
  • Told I would work Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday of this week which means overtime my first week...only to find out that now I am not working on Tuesday...I have no idea what that means now, but I'll find out tomorrow.
I ended the day by working out with Abbey and then hanging out with Jeff, Abbey, Reed, and Bill until I had to call it a day and come home. Now, it is off to bed. Even though I am not working tomorrow I still have to make an afternoon trip to the hospital for a skills check off and benefits enrollment. I will also be buying a couple of other sets of scrubs for work. It's a tough life!!! :)

4 comments:

Becca Christensen said...

Sounds like things are going well. I miss you around here. : ] But I'm glad you're settling in well!

michellem said...

Do you get to wear fun scrubs or just plain old one color scrubs?

Jane said...

Becca- Miss you too! How are things going?

Michelle- No, just plain old royal blue or white. It does look like I can wear the fun jackets though. I still have my Veggie Tales and Sesame Street and they match the blue, so I may get to wear those too!

Rissalee said...

Sounds like you're off to a great start - and the commute can't be beat, right? I mean, unless you spent the night at the hospital - which you will be doing at times I'm sure! :o)