Saturday, May 31, 2008

Friends, Coffee, and One Long Chat

Yesterday I had the opportunity to catch up with a friend who was in town. It was one of those completely random get togethers. She was really on my heart that morning so I sent her a quick e-mail. Her husband e-mailed me back and told me she was in Tampa. A couple of quick calls and several text messages later, we were set to meet for coffee.

I drove to Bradenton where my friend's mom lives and we found a Starbuck's. We talked and talked and talked. She filled me in on her mission trip to Thailand/Singapore that she went on about 2 months ago. We talked about how it was simpler when we lived overseas. (She and her husband were missionaries in Thailand when I was in China.) And of course we talked about all the different things that God has been teaching us.

It didn't seem like we had been talking that long, but when Angela asked me what time it was, I was shocked to discover it was almost 1 am! I felt like we had been talking for 5 minutes, not 5 hours! It was a great evening and so worth the drive and not getting back home until 2:30 am.

You know, you just got to love friends that you can do that with. Those friends that 5 hours feel more like 5 minutes. Friends that you can pick right up with even if you haven't seen them in moths or years.

No comments: