Friday, May 2, 2008

Equal Oppotunity

I believe in equal opportunity, so I thought I would take some time to share a little about my younger brother, Roger. This is an excerpt from article that my parents forwarded me a couple of weeks ago. I'll highlight the important stuff.

Braaton, Pointer leader strong Iola softball team
By LARRY BOWEN
Eagle Columnist
The Iola softball program is soaring, ranked sixth in the state and in position to make an extended playoff run. The Lady Bulldogs are powered by a couple of the key players who helped Iola's volleyball team reach the state final last fall.

"We have a great group of young girls," coach Roger Masters said.

The Lady Bulldogs are unbeaten against Class A teams, and nobody can accuse Masters of scheduling cream puffs in nondistrict. Iola has lost twice to Franklin, the top-ranked 2A team in the state. The Lady Bulldogs' other losses were to 3A teams Gonzales and Luling.

Masters is off to an impressive start in his first season as a head coach, also his fourth overall at Iola. The 26-year-old spent two years as an assistant baseball coach, then switched to softball last season.


Former head coach Jake Marshall left the softball program late last season, with Masters directing the team during the playoffs.

[In 2007] Iola finished second in District 26-A and beat Spurger 10-0 in bi-district. Thrall edged the Lady Bulldogs in a tight best-of-3 area series, winning the third game 2-1.
My personal favorite part is the fact that the columnist used my brothers name and cream puff in the same sentence. Nope, no one can accuse him of that.

Roger, even though I don't think you know that I blog (or possibly even what a blog is), I am proud of you! Congratulations on your win tonight!

No comments: