Saturday, April 26, 2008

An Exciting Friday Evening

I apparently missed all the excitement, but a phone call to the "parentals" this morning filled me in on all the excitement. It shouldn't be surprising, it is tornado season, but it's been 11 years since the really bad ones have hit the area. (It was the spring of 1997 and I found myself at Dillard's having to take cover in costumer service.) My parents missed all the excitement as well, since they were at my younger brother's softball game about an hour and a half away. (He is the coach of the team, not a player.) Apparently my older brother, sister-in-law, nephew, and their dog spent about 45 minutes in the master bedroom closet playing Hot Wheels. My grandparents spent about the same amount of time on the first floor of their assisted living center. According to my grandmother, it was the social event of the week. Thankfully no one was hurt and damage was minor, but high winds, massive amounts of rain, and hail have left quite a cleanup today. My mom reported they had over an inch of rain while their friends where still looking for their rain gauge. The hail ranged from golf ball sized to softball sized. Unfortunately more storms are in the forecast for tonight.


This was the picture on the front page of the local paper this morning.

No comments: