Saturday, February 2, 2008

Favorite Lines

Music is very powerful. As I have been trying to put some of the things that I have learned recently about worship (you know those posts that I keep writing about, but have yet to finish...) into practice, I have begun to set aside time every morning to worship. iTunes have made this much easier as I have created a worship playlist and have the ability to download new music and combine it with some of the older songs that I love.

These are some of my favorite lines of the songs that I have been listening to or that have really spoken to me as of lately. I have listed the name of the song and either the band/artist whose recording I listen to or in the case of hymns, those who wrote the words.
I can't live by what I feel
But by the truth Your word reveals
-East to West, Casting Crowns

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.
-Great is Thy Faithfulness, Thomas O'Chisholm

Then I hear you sing to me
You don't have to do a thing
Just simply be with me and let those things go
It can wait another minute
Wait this moment is to sweet please stay here with me
And love of me a little longer
-A Little Longer, Brian and Jenn Johnson

And I believe what I believe is what makes me what I am
I did not make it, no it is making me
It is the very truth of God and not the invention of any man
-Creed, Third Day

O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.
-Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing, Robert Robinson

You make everything glorious
And I am Yours
What does that make me?
-Everything Glorious, David Crowder

And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resounds, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul
-It is Well with My Soul, Horatio G. Spafford
Of course these are just a few. What are some of your favorites?

No comments: