Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday Projects

I had grand plans to sleep late this morning and enjoy a lazy Saturday. I did sleep late compared to what time I get up during the week, but not as late as I would have liked. The morning quickly slipped away, but once I got going...Thankfully I remembered that I needed to clean out the storage unit, so I headed that direction. After a quick stop at the bank, it only took about 10 minutes to take the few remaining boxes out of the unit and into the Jeep. Then it was on to Super Wal-Mart where I did a little grocery shopping and picked up a few supplies for my afternoon project. Then it was back home to get the groceries put away and begin my project.

You might wonder what this project was...well, back when I first began this blog, I wrote a post about Stumpy. My mom gave me Stumpy back in February and he looked like more like this:



When my parents were here a couple of weeks ago we decided that he really needed to be put in a larger pot. So, earlier in the week I bought a new pot and a few supplies. I bought the rest during my trip to Wal-Mart this morning. I decided not to just re-pot Stumpy, but took an ivy that I already had into his old pot. I also bought a jasmine plant to add to my ginger plant.



I must confess it was a messy job.



However, I was quite pleased with the end result.



I also put all the boxes from storage in my closet. I am not sure how I managed to get a 7 foot Christmas tree and 15 plate setting of my grandmother's china in there, but I did. Now, if I can only figure out how to get the golf clubs in there. Oh well....

3 comments:

Meems said...

very nice job with the pots and re-potting and adding to and all that jazz.

i think your ivy looks comfy in its new home. nice choice on the jasmine rooming with the ginger. and stumpy... well it may need a few more new homes before its finished growing. i think stumpy likes your environment... its doing very well.

Jane said...

meems- I knew you would be impressed with my attempt to flex my green thumb. I was worried about the jasmine and ginger combo. Almost called you to ask, but decided to try and see how it would work. Stumpy seems to be taking to his new home...I can't wait to see if he gets any more branches. I agree, he will need a few more new homes before it is all said and done. This will be the last one before he will be floor bound.

Anonymous said...

Stumpy is looking good!! Thanks for his update!

Michelle