Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Wonder If This Is How Jacob Felt When He Wrestled With God

It's been 24 hours since I came home from work. Tuesday night was one of those nights you are convinced a full moon was out. Last I heard there were 9 patients in the ER waiting to be admitted expect for the fact there was not a single bed in the hospital that didn't have someone in it. I would have gladly exchanged one of those waiting in the ER for one of the patients I had. I mean you can only wrestle a grown man so long before it becomes too much. I would love to say that I won, but even as I left the floor yesterday morning the family was still trying to convince him to stay in bed. At least he was going to be the day shift's problem from then on.

Needless to say when I woke up from a nap in the early part of the afternoon I hurt in places that I don't typically hurt. My back and legs were quite sore and the only thing I can contribute it to is the grown man who refused to stay in bed all night.

So when work called and I asked if I minded coming in on Wednesday night instead of Thursday night, I said no. Well, at least that is the message I left on someone's voicemail at the hospital.

I also had some big plans for the afternoon. I have put off having my finger prints taken to finalize my background check because I just knew I was going to have to go into Nashville to have it done. Imagine my surprise when I realized that there was a location just up the road. Around 3:00pm I loaded up in my Tucson and headed to Guns and Leather where a very nice man took all my finger prints and emails them to the Board of Nursing. I also have my eye on a hot pink rifle now!

No afternoon is complete without a stop by Sonic since it was still happy hour and all their drinks were half off. I picked up a few extra drinks and headed to Jeff and Abbey's were I spent the rest of the day/evening. Nothing like hanging out with friends for dinner and then swimming.

My back is still pretty sore, but there is no time to complain because this morning I have a meeting at the hospital on foley catheters and then it is back to work tonight...Oh how my life has changed!

2 comments:

JEff said...

big day today! Moving day! Welcome to the 'hood. I don't know that you would call a covenanted neighborhood with an obnoxious HOA president that calls the city on you when you don't mow the yard the 'hood, but it was kind of funny to say.

Jane said...

I think the 'hood is pretty cool...especially when the obnoxious HOA president mows your yard!!!