Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Night on the Town

This afternoon Blair and I headed out of Springfield for a little big city action. I mean you can only keep a Tampa girl out in the middle of no where for so long!

We began by doing a little shopping at a cute little shop in Hendersonville. They carried a pretty good selection of Vera Bradley. The rug I have picked out for my living room is a Vera print and I needed something to use to match a sofa/love seat/chair arrangement. I ended up buying a placemat of the same pattern. I was very pleased to come home and realize that all my Fiesta matches so I will have to go back and get a few more.

Then it was on to Downtown Nashville. Several people told us we were crazy since it is the CMA festival. It actually ended up being a lot of fun. We were going to eat at BB King's, but it ended up being closed for a private event. We went further down the street and at the Wild Horse Saloon. Dinner was very good and watching everyone line dance was very entertaining.









Then we walked around the crowded streets, stopping in the stores we wanted until are feet hurt.



On our way back out of the city we decided to stop at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel (which is who owns the Wild Horse Saloon in case you were wondering about our choice of eating establishment...oh and we were finished eating by 6:45 and out of downtown before dark!) for some coffee and dessert. We almost gave up when we realized it was $18 to park, but eventually we figured out we could park at the mall and walk over.








We had a great day...However, we have to get to bed earlier...this is the second night we are up at 1:00 am! I guess we are trying to cram a lot in a few days. Tomorrow is our last full day as Blair flys back on Sunday and I have to work Sunday night.

1 comment:

michellem said...

What a stud you ladies found!! Ha ha ha!! (Sorry! I just couldn't resist!!!!). Glad you had fun!