Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

My friend Maggie tagged me and while I considered being the party pooper, I have decided to play along.

Without further delay, here are seven random things about me:
  1. Maggie, this first one is for you! I also chipped my front tooth growing up, well that is if you consider losing over half your front tooth, chipped. I was in the first grade and Stuart would have been in junior high. One of us (I actually don't remember who, but it very well could have been a grand 7 year-old's idea) decided that we should play tug of war with a seat belt. It was working really well until Stuart decided that he didn't want to play any more. Instead of informing of this, he decided to let go. I'll let you envision the rest. I immediately told my dad that I was hurt. I don't exactly remember what he said, but I have a feeling it had something to do with turn around and sit down. When we got home I finally got to show him what I was talking about. Needless to say, there was an emergency trip to the dentist that evening since I had actually broken the tooth right through the nerve.
  2. When I was a freshmen in high school I was eating some Peanut M & M's when the cap that was put on in story #1 snapped off. I wasn't quite so fortunate in getting to the dentist that quickly and had to walk around with a broken front tooth for several days. The worst part was the lisp that occurred.
  3. I've never really hurt myself while playing sports even though I played constantly growing up. I did break my wrist in band and received a concussion and stitches after taking a nose dive in the shower.
  4. I am currently working on a list entitled "7 Things I Want to do Before I am 30". I am down to 49 weeks to accomplish them all, and I haven't even finished the list yet!
  5. While serving as a summer missionary in Australia, I had the opportunity to go kangaroo hunting. Yes, I went and yes, I did shoot a kangaroo. If you want to specific it was more than one.
  6. I was once on an episode of Hard Copy. Imagine my parent's surprise!
  7. Hmmmm...another childhood secret...Back to the first grade (that was a tough year- I also broke my finger). Someone told me that if you put a penny under your tongue, the cooper would cause you to develop a fever causing you to be sent home from school. Sucumbing to the peer pressure of other seven year-olds, I placed the penny under my tongue. By the end of the day I do have a fever and the school nurse called my mom. I remember thinking that she would be so mad if she knew what I had done. In my head, I had completely caused this to happen, and I felt so guilty. Of course now I know that the penny probably did cause me to get sick, but ot because of the cooper, but because of the germs that I am sure were all over it.
Okay, so that is my list. Now I have thought hard about who to tag, so I am going to choose Abbey (that's right Abbey, not Jeff, not Reed, but Abbey), Meg, Emily, and Amanda. Abbey, Meg, Emily, and I all went to college together (as did Maggie, who started all this fun). Amanda was my roommate at seminary.

No comments: