Thursday, January 24, 2008

I Wish...

I wish I were Mary Poppins right now. Not because I want to fly using an umbrella, even though that would have avoided the traffic that caused my commute to take 15 extra minutes this evening. And not because I want to jump in sidewalk chalk drawing, even though escaping reality for a brief period of time does sound enticing. And not because I want a bottomless carpet bag, even though that would allow me to only carry one bag to work instead of a purse, my lunch bag, and my computer bag. No, the real reason I would like to be Mary Poppins right now is so I could snap my fingers and clean up my room. The laundry that has piled up would march its way down the hall and into the washing machine. The laundry I did last night would finish folding itself and places itself ever so neatly in my chest of drawers. The four pair of shoes that I have worn this week would walk across the floor and find their designated spots in my closet. Oh and the closet, it would organize itself. And the bathroom....well, you get the picture.

Then I would have time to finally finish the posts about worship. I would also have time to do the other important things in my life, like finish the novel that I started on Tuesday. Hmmm...maybe that is one of the reasons things have gotten so out of hand.

Well, enough procrastinating....it's off to work I go...wait that is Snow White. Oh well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane,
This is so good! It made me laugh, you are a good writer, must be getting lots of practice huh?!!