Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The End of 2007

The last several days of my Christmas vacation were spent with family and doing a little shopping. Of course I made sure that I also had some Jacob time. I definitely received a good lesson on Thomas the Train. Jacob likes to use all his train tracks at once to build a big track.


It had been quite some time since I played with Lincoln Logs, but I picked that back up rather quickly. I must admit the pictures made it much easier to mimic what was on the box. Jacob really wanted to use the ladder.


After playing with Thomas and then Lincoln Logs, we headed to the back yard to play with the rocket Jacob received for Christmas.


We are currently in an "I want to wear my hood stage."


On Saturday my family headed to Hankamer, TX to visit my uncle, aunt, cousins, and their families. I hadn't seen my cousin Kayla in about 3 1/2 years. Her husband has been at a church in Alaska and they don't make it back very often. They have three precious little girls. My other cousin, Angie, and her husband also have a little girl. Little girls are definitely very different from little boys, but I was really proud of Jacob for jumping right in and playing.


Jacob and Grace who were in a tickle fight with Grace's dad, Matt.


Stuart and Abby, Kayla and Matt's youngest. I didn't get a picture of their oldest, Kathryn, but she is just as precious as their other two!



I had a great time while in Texas and will miss my family. At the same time it is good to be back "home."

No comments: