Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sunshine!!!

After a week of rain, the sun finally made an appearance today!!! Abbey, Reed, and I took advantage of the beautiful day by taking a nice walk this afternoon. (Abbey and I working out regularly...alternating running and walking. She has decided that she would like to run a half marathon next year for her 30th birthday. Like a good friend, I am encouraging her, training with her, and will run the half marathon as well. Since her birthday was just last week, we have a whole year.) After our walk, we hung out on the deck until Jeff got home for work. I am sure there will be some pictures on their blog later today because I sure took some cute ones! When I left their house I took a drive by my new house to take a few pictures...or 80!!!

I am going to show some of my favorite things about the house.


The grass had been cut earlier in the afternoon, but I think the house has great curb appeal even when the grass is too tall. And with all the rain we have had, it was quite tall!!!


There is already landscaping in the front and back. I'll probably do a few things next spring, but at least there is a start.


I had already decided that one thing that was going to be a non-negotiable for me was a fireplace. This is a gas fireplace with a remote control start. There is wiring for a flat screen to be mounted above the fireplace, but for now this will just be living room and the tv will be upstairs in the bonus room.




One of the first thing I noticed in the master bedroom was the tray ceiling and the fan.


Then there is the master bath with the separate tub and shower.


Honestly the double vanity doesn't do much for me, but I figure it will be an advantage for resale value.


But the walk in closet...Definitely a plus for a girl with lots of clothes and shoes! :)


This little window connects the kitchen to the living room.


Oh how I LOVE the chandelier in the dining area!!! (For those of you who are wondering, I am serious. I don't think it would be something I would pick out, but it's very fun!)


The kitchen may be my absolute favorite part of the house. The hardwood floors extend throughout the kitchen. The appliances are very nice with a five burner stove and a bottom mount fridge.


The sink is and undermount with one side being larger than the other.





The granite is called blue eyed granite and the specks of blue don't even begin to photograph well.


The stair that lead to the bonus room are oak...I am so excited about not having to vacuum those!


There is also a good sized deck off the living area. The deck is even equipped with a gas hook up for a grill.


The view from the deck...where the property ends there is "green way" so there won't ever be a houses built there.

Thanks for coming along on my little tour of my future home. I am set to close on May 29th or 30th. Make sure you come back in the next few days because I will be sharing some of my decorating ideas. You might have noticed that every wall (including the garage) is painted yellow. I will leave some of the rooms yellow...mainly those with incredibly tall ceilings. I will definitely be painting the master bedroom though.

The following pictures are for my dad and his "daddy doo" list that I am working on for when he and my mom come in June!










3 comments:

michellem said...

We old married farts like the double sinks!! If you ever get married, you will enjoy your own space too.

Jane said...

Yes, but I am "30, flirty, and thriving!" Name that movie.

michellem said...

Jennifer Garner in "13 Going On 30!" Such a fun movie!