Monday, December 8, 2008

Mustard, Oven Cleaner, and Cloves

You might wonder what those three things have in common. Give up? Actually those are the three things that were on my list when I went to the store. I know, it is kind of sad, but it is what it is.

Cloves actually bring back childhood memories. The pain. Who knew such a task could be such a pain...literally! My mom would have me stick the cloves in the orange for her wassail recipe. But I am getting off track a little. You see, I needed cloves...and I mean a lot of cloves for a little project that I am working on. Let me show you exactly how many cloves I am talking about.



My guess is that this will make about three of...well...what I am making. You'll just have to check back in the next day or so to figure what I am going to do with approximately 1 1/2 cups of cloves!

Oh, the mustard is because I was out and the oven cleaner is because last week when I made this...



Well, it made a mess in the bottom of the oven, but homemade pumpkin cheesecake sure was worth it.



Really, it was!!!

2 comments:

JEff said...

Very impresssive! Will you come do that at my house one day? I remember a friend one time who forgot my birthday and made it up by bringing a wonderful turtle cheesecake and McAlister's...talk about awesome.

Jane said...

WOW!!! That friend sounds AWESOME!!! You should definitely keep her and maybe even not forget her birthday this year! :)