Friday, March 7, 2008

Facing Temptation

After working out last night, I slept like a baby. Before heading out the door, I packed my lunch for the fifth straight day- grilled chicken wrap in a multi grain tortilla, carrot sticks, and peach yogurt. I even packed a couple of snacks in case I got the munchies- an orange and string cheese. I ate my bowl of Kashi cereal and headed out the door. I arrived to work for our staff meeting only to be met with a box of donuts. As we began our meeting everyone began to dig in to their donuts. I put a death grip on my coffee and just sat. Eventually we took a break and people headed back for seconds. I switched from coffee to water and grabbed the string cheese that I had packed.

I'll be honest, I have a sweet tooth, but in this period of my life of working hard to exercise and eat healthy, I have made a decision to become some sort of a "health nut." I had done good all week and made a decision not to blow it. Let's face it...we are going to face temptations in life. It's just a guess, but I have a feeling that some are going to bigger than a donut! I am so thankful/grateful that we have a way out as Christians (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Oh, and in case your curious...I did NOT eat a donut. Nor did I eat any of the candy that is stashed throughout the office. Actually I haven't had anything of the sort in about two weeks. I celebrated this evening by eating a couple of sugar free cookies. Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Good for you...donuts are a major weakness of mine, and you passed some huge temptation!

Jane said...

mlm- Thanks. You know, it felt really good. I know at some point I will probably relax a little with everything that I am doing right now, but I promised myself that these first few months I would be pretty strict.

Note to self, next time we have staff meeting, eat something more substantial than Kashi cereal.