Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Randomness

Today has been one of those random days. It wasn't particularly bad, but at the same time not one of the best either. Here are some of its highlights.
  • Once again, I left my coffee in the coffee pot at my house. I didn't realize it until I was halfway to work. I think this is the second time this week that I have done that, but it might have been last week that I did.
  • I also packed half my breakfast for later, but when I got ready to eat I couldn't find it. It wasn't in my bag, not in my car, and I cannot find it any where in my apartment. I am beginning to wonder if the ants carried it off, but that is another story.
  • Today I treated myself to lunch at my favorite Asian restaurant, Pei Wei (pronounced Pay Way). I hated my favorite, the teriyaki chicken bowl. Of course it came with two fortune cookies. The first said, "A lifetime of happiness lies ahead of you." I thought good deal who couldn't use a little happiness. The second said, "Happier days are definitely ahead of you." So, which is it...happier days or a lifetime? Oh well, I guess it is a good thing I don't put any serious thought into those things.
  • I got home and checked the mail, hoping to find my Apple rebate check. I saw an envelope that could have possibly been the check, but it wasn't. The good news is that apparently the Navy is still recruiting and if I am interested in adventure, exotic locations, educational opportunities, 30 days' vacation with pay each year, and much more, then I need to give them a call.
Oh, and since beginning this post, I did find the rest of my breakfast. It was exactly where I thought I had put it...well, sort of. Anyway it is nice to know that the ants didn't carry it away.

4 comments:

MLM said...

One of those days, huh? Glad to know I'm not the only one. You're post gave me comfort and it's good to know about the Navy...just in case. :o)

Anonymous said...

You're not up for any more trips to exotic locations? I can't imagine why not-surely you can't catch malaria twice!!

Michelle

Jane said...

Michelle- You actually can catch malaria twice. Just ask Shelley O. b/c she did.

mlm- Yep, one of those days. I can assure you that you are definitely in good company.

JEff said...

I ate at Pei Wei yesterday! Kung Pao -no veggies and lots of peanuts. MMMMMmmmm.