Monday, February 22, 2010

Letting Go

Recently I have had a couple of conversations with a friend about the plans we make in life. I will be the first to confess, I am a planner. I like to know what is going to happen and when it is going to happen. However, I have learned that things don't always happen the way I would like them to or in the way I had planned them. I have also learned that plans really are better up left to God. It sounds simple, but oh so true.

Isaiah 55:8-9 says, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,' declares the Lord. 'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.'" This is a constant reminder that as good as my plans seem, they are mine and not necessarily God's. His ways and His thoughts are far superior than mine. Which then reminds me of Ephesians 3:20 and the fact that God is able to do "more than all we ask or imagine".

Sometimes we have to simply let go. Let go of our plans and take a leap of faith. Leaping into the arms of the Heavenly Father and grab hold of the incredible plans that He has for each one of us. I know it is easier said than done, but I know I don't want to miss what He has in store for me.

No comments: