Monday, September 21, 2009

Book Review

I finished reading "Same Kind of Different As Me." over the weekend. It is the true story of Ron Hall and Denver Moore who authored the book with Lynn Vincent. Ron Hall is an international art dealer in Fort Worth, TX. Denver Moore was a modern-day slave who was raised on the plantations of Louisiana. Frustrated that he could never pay his debt to "The Man", Denver eventually hopped aboard a train and found himself in Fort Worth and began his new life on the streets.

You might wonder how two unlikely men became friends. Ron and his wife, Debbie, eventually started volunteering at a homeless mission in Fort Worth and none of their lives were ever the same.

I would love to share more of the book, but I am afraid I would spoil it for any of you who wanted to read it. I will say that if you want to read a story about the heart of God, and the lives of two unlikely best friends, you should read it. It is honestly one of the best non-fiction books I have read in a long time.

1 comment:

Kayce said...

Sounds awesome! I might have to check it out soon. Thanks for the recommendation!!